Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Always learning

What's on my mind today?
Related to work, I am a loud mouth. Sometimes I am sick of my own voice. I am sick of my opinions. Just be quiet. But I can't. I'm some kind of extrovert who has to be involved in everything.
We have a meeting tomorrow, the first one in a year. And everyone wants to voice their opinion and everyone is literally afraid to... or we all agree, we've been beat down for so long - and the reality is this is how the company is run. Who are we to change it? I think we're worth getting what we want. We work really hard and we have each other's backs. It's a great group to work with.
So, chances are, I will end up being a loud mouth.
Last week, my manager was helping me with something and I was really upset because a situation had spiraled out of my control and next thing I knew, there were people waiting in the office for me. I usually don't have direct contact with the borrowers. And yet, there they were. So I was having a tantrum and I finally yelled at her, "And by the way we need a new fucking printer back there!" The jam I had just been down on my hands and knees fixing was the proverbial straw. She simply looked at me and turned back to her computer. I knew I had probably crossed a line.
She told the story later laughing and teasing me. And I apologized of course.
I guess I am just really full of life right now or something.
This writing seems unharmonious...
unlike my yoga class last night.
I am going next Monday. The best part is the people who were there. It's for the purpose of yoga and spirituality, not competition. And the instructor was so great about that too- just do what you can do. It's about you and your body. Another neat part of that is I had no expectations at all. When I found the class online, I was really excited about where it was, the description, and that it seemed simple. And it's every Monday evening, which works with my schedule.
I was also excited by the sun salutations we did, fitting for my recently renewed love of the sun and the upcoming solstice.
The kids and I had a great evening tonight. I made dinner. My youngest and I played a game he made up with Harry Potter Lego. I helped my oldest with his homework.
I wanted to show them some of Kyria Abrahams videos on Youtube because I thought my oldest especially would get them.
We ended up diverting to a couple of videos about Madalyn Murray O'Hair and her fight for removing prayer from public schools. I guess I didn't really know much about her. It's an interesting story. One book that seems worth checking out is "America's Most Hated Woman- the life and gruesome death of Madalyn Murray O'Hair." by Ann Rowe Seaman. Of course, as I looked at the reviews, one reader said it was poorly written. We'll see.
I'd like my next book read to be "The Alchemist". I'll have to track that down.
Alright, I'm ending this now. The writing energy is not flowing through me tonight. This is possibly a post I'll delete. But then again, maybe it's good to see the times where it just doesn't flow or come together.
Tomorrow night is Dark, Dark, Dark at The Cedar. I can't wait for that! Check their music out: www.myspace.com/darkdarkdarkband Can anyone sing like Nona? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment